Monday, July 13, 2009

Addendum

Upon frequenting Josh's blog today, I noticed the quote that was displayed in the sidebar, which is very good continuation of the idea I was trying to work with in the latter part of my earlier post entitled "'Child,' said the lion." Since this quote was given by President Dieter Uchdorf, it is well worded and I take it as a good source of authority:

In the end, the number of prayers we say may contribute to our happiness, but the number of prayers we answer may be of even greater importance. Let us open our eyes and see the heavy hearts, notice the loneliness and despair; let us feel the silent prayers of others around us, and let us be an instrument in the hands of the Lord to answer those prayers. [A]s you immerse yourselves in the work of our Father… discouragement, inadequacy, and weariness will give way to a life of meaning, grace, and fulfillment.
— Dieter F. Uchtdorf, “Happiness, Your Heritage.” Ensign, November 2008, p. 120

Josh has an excellent array of quotes that pop up in that sidebar of his; they tend to be rather thought-provoking. There used to be an array of comical ones as well, many of which I either personally uttered or inspired (more of them were the result of my inspiration than their speech, back when I was the apartment muse). But I haven't seen the humorous ones so much lately. I guess they're probably not as worthy as thoughts by President Uchdorf, C.S. Lewis, Hugh Nibley, and Robert Frost. Oh, well.

1 comment:

Josh said...

I actually thought of that quote when I read the post you mentioned, and nearly mentioned it to you. I'm glad you found it in spite of my inaction :-)

Yeah, I decided that my blog's audience was broad enough that most people reading it were not privy to those excellent moments of humor or even familiar with the people involved, so I took them out of the quotes lineup. But I still have the quotes if you want me to get you a copy!