Saturday, June 27, 2009

Altoid poetry

Since I mentioned it in my last post, I thought I might as well go ahead and post the fruits on my labors from the poetry club this last week. I'm not usually this prolific.

The sun is always shining
somewhere
The night may be black
The clouds may be thick
The storm may fester and brew
But they do not touch the sun

It shines on
unceasing
Sending its warmth and light
to the earth

No storm is so big that it can
quench the fire of the sun
No night is so black that it can
put out its brilliant light
For with the passage of time
The clouds roll back
The earth turns round
And the sun, unchanged, unaltered,
and unaffected by the small
things that seem so large on the earth
Appears again, still burning bright



Now, for a little less philosophy and a little more humor, poem #2:

Tunneling deep within the ground
Feel the warmth of the rich, brown soil
The way is dark, and every sound
Is muted while I onward toil

Taste the earth and know its flavor
Telling the way by touch and scent
It's so simple, yet I savor
This simple life, and I'm content

Up into the bright sun shining
Wriggle and squiggle, twist and squirm
All creation should be pining
To live life as a small earthworm

No comments: