Monday, April 27, 2009

Animalian Invasion

I ran a few errands tonight after Family Home Evening and it was pretty dark when I finally pulled up by my building to go inside. As I put my car in park, I noticed two shapes trotting across the lawn to my left, and realized they were deer. I turned off my car and watched them for a moment. They approached the house next door at a pretty good clip, and then they slowed down, walked right up to the front porch, and peered in the windows. Then one of them kind of just stood there while the other gazed purposefully across the street. Then they both slowly and cautiously circled around the back of the house. At this point I decided it was safe to leave my car and make a dash for my apartment building. I'm not sure what the deer were up to, but they were clearly scouting something out and I don't think they'd take kindly to an unintentional spy.

No comments: