Saturday, May 2, 2009

A little karma

In general, I'd consider myself a healthy skeptic. I question random statistics that people casually throw around and I frequently ask people for their sources when they tell me sketchy stories or facts. I'm a bit infamous for it at my house, actually.

So you can imagine that things like horoscopes and fortune cookies get a pretty good chuckle out of me, but I'm starting to wonder. I had a fortune cookie at the end of March that told me "look to the next month for some pleasant surprises." Since it was such an optimistic little thing, I kept it, feeling a little foolish.

In any case, although I'm not sure how much of it I can credit to the fortune, I have to say, there have been some very pleasant surprises in the course of the last month. Very pleasant. I think I may be living the plot of a Jane Austen book. And it's a good thing I have my passport in order, because my next opportunity to use it popped up out of nowhere and will be approaching in just over a month.

And to think that fortune cookie called it before I had any idea. So much for my skepticism.

4 comments:

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

Where are you going? How exciting! I envy you and your jet-set life sometimes. :)

Danielle said...

That's all we get, a bunch of teasers and no facts?! It's a good thing we're going to talk on the phone soon, because I am VERY curious!

Karen Reid said...

Ditto. What are these opportunities?

Rebecca said...

Is this going to start a trend? Shall I email you your weekly horoscope?