Monday, September 8, 2008

Solving mysteries

For Michael:
The plant in the library was a begonia. Probably an eyelash begonia, although I'm a little fuzzy on that point still (no pun intended).
I would also like to take this time to announce that begonias are a much cooler genus of plants than I realized.
Also, since I'm not taking classes this semester, I decided to buy a textbook of my choice, and I chose a very nice book on annual plants. From this book I have already enjoyed a few golden hours of studying plants. The coolest thing I've learned so far is that morning glory and sweet potatoes are in the same genus! How nutso is that?

1 comment:

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

I buy old text books from DI sometimes just "For a bit of light reading." I wonder sometimes why we were not closer friends. . .