Friday, December 19, 2008

Some people are amazing

I've had a few opportunities lately to talk more openly and deeply with some people I care about a lot that have really helped me gain so much more appreciation for them. It never ceases to amaze me how much I can learn about people and how much more I will be impressed with them and be able to relate to them after such conversation. It takes a lot of trust- that the other person really is interested in what you are saying, that they won't think less of you, that they will validate your feelings and ideas, and that they will prove trustworthy with personal information. And consequently, few things leave me feeling more flattered, more respected, more loved, and more loving, than sharing deep, thoughtful conversation with good friends. And since loving one another, caring for one another, mourning with those who mourn and comforting those who stand in need of comfort, and bearing one another's burdens that they may be light is close to the core of the gospel, this really makes sense.

No comments: